Apple, Bacon, and Cheese. This 5-ingredient sandwich will make tonight’s dinner a breeze. Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving, so take it easy tonight. Serve with pretzels and raw veggies. Makes 2 sandwiches (but can easily be multiplied to feed your whole family…including visitors).
What you’ll need:
- 4 slices of center-cut bacon
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
What you’ll do:
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.**
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Toast the bread, if desired.
- Spread the mustard on 2 slices of bread.
- Top with cheese, bacon and apple plus the other piece of bread.
*Sliced cheddar would work, too.
**If you’re feeding a lot of mouths, make your life easier by cooking the bacon in the oven. 350 degrees until crisp. Not only does the fat drip off but it’s easier to clean than your stove-top.
Recipe and image from Rachael Ray magazine.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!