Putting anything on a skewer makes it more fun to eat! This is a sure-winner for your child’s lunch box.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls (half or quarter large pieces)
- pesto or marinara sauce for dipping
What you’ll do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss with the tomatoes, olives and cheese.
- Skewer everything as desired.
- Place the marinara or pesto in a small container when packing in a lunch box with an ice pack.
Recipe and image from Food Network.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!