Pizza is perfect for Friday nights. Use a pre-made dough to make pizza prep a breeze. Most local pizzerias will sell you a pizza crust but they’re also available at most grocery stores (even Walmart – look in the deli section).
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- flour, for sprinkling
- 1 whole-wheat pizza dough
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I think a red onion would work nice, too)
- 2 bunches spinach (1 pre-washed bag)
- salt and pepper
- ground nutmeg
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (if you’ve never tried feta, it’s kid-friendly)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet (or pizza stone) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a surface (counter top) sprinkled with flour.
- Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet.
- Pop into the oven and cook until golden brown (not all the way cooked, though!).
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic and onion in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Top the crust with the spinach mixture and cheeses.
- Place back into the oven and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Once cooked, top with the tomatoes and oregano and a little sprinkle of black pepper.
Recipe and image from the Rachael Ray Show.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!