This made-in-the-microwave dinner is perfect for busy nights. You could also make this for a weekend breakfast with the family. Makes 2 servings (so double or triple this recipe).
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes with peppers and onions (such as Ore-Ida potato brand)
- 1/3 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup drained canned quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces smoked ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or cheddar will work)
What you’ll do:
- Combine the potatoes and chicken broth in a 1-quart microwave-safe container.
- Cover with a lid and microwave for 12 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes.
- Uncover the dish and stir in the artichoke hearts, green onions, pepper and ham.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered for 1 minute.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!