This soup is sure to warm you up! This recipe only serves 2 so make sure to double or even triple the ingredients depending on how many you’re serving. A grilled cheese sandwich or a simple salad would make this a meal.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Cilantro (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, and cook, stirring, until fragrant (about 30 seconds more).
- Add the tomatoes (with juice) and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Very carefully, pour mixture into blender and puree until smooth.
- Top with yogurt and cilantro.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!