A typical Cobb salad has chicken and hard-cooked eggs; this recipes stars shrimp and corn. Makes 4 servings in under 20 minutes. Round out this salad with a piece of crusty bread.
What you’ll need:
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10-ounce) package romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 8 wedges
What you’ll do:
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove from pan; cut in half.
- Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Sprinkle shrimp with paprika and pepper.
- Coat pan with cooking spray and add shrimp. Cook 2 minutes on each side (or until pink).
- Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt, toss.
- While the shrimp cooks, combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, juice, oil and mustard in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Add lettuce; toss to coat.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each plate.
- Top each with about 6 shrimp, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup carrot, 1/4 cup corn, 2 avocado wedges and 2 bacon pieces.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!