Flour tortillas give this spin on pizza a crisp crust. The toasted corn adds smokiness to this dish. Serve crisp bell pepper strips on the side. Makes 4 pizzas, serving 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups diced roasted chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (or until edges are browned).
- Remove from oven; stack and press down (to flatten and keep warm).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Add corn and cook until slightly charred (minute or so).
- Add cumin seeds and stir constantly for 5 seconds.
- Add chicken, black beans and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until heated.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Place tortillas back on baking sheet. Spoon 3/4 cup mixture on top of each tortilla.
- Top with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese melts at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!