This family-favorite pairs perfectly with a green salad and polenta (grits) or noodles. Recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated (2 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Combine the flour, oregano and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and beat.
- Place Panko in a shallow dish.
- Dredge one chicken breast through the flour mixture, then dip into the egg whites then dredge in the Panko.
- Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray. Add chicken.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn chicken over.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 3 tablespoons mozzarella.
- Bake 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!