This dish is spicy, fruity and tangy. Leave out the jalapeno seeds for less spice. Serve over rice. This recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups chopped pineapple (canned will work!)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
What you’ll do:
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (through jalapeno) in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the fish.
- Add fish to the pan, skin side up, cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the pineapple mixture.
Recipe and imagine from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!