You probably have most of these ingredients in your cabinets already. Throw this no-fuss dinner together and your kids will be begging for more.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls.
- Press the crescent rolls into the bottom of a greased/sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish and pinch the seams together so that you have one large sheet of dough covering the bottom of the dish.
- Brown the ground turkey over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Italian dressing, mustard and Worchestershire sauce.
- Drain the beef and add the corn and sauce. Stir to combine.
- Microwave the cream cheese for about 15 seconds. Spread on top of the crescent rolls.
- Pour the meat mixture over the cream cheese layer and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are cooked and the cheese is melted.
Recipe and image from Buns In My Oven
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!