Keep dinner meatless tonight with this sandwich. Serve with roasted asparagus. Portabellas can be described as “meaty” and if you’re not sure whether or not you’re a fan, give them a try. Roasting mushrooms brings about a whole different flavor. If you can’t find goat cheese, use a spreadable herb cheese. This recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stems and “gills” removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rub each mushroom with olive oil on each side and sprinkle with salt.
- Place gill-side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the portabellas are roasting, toast your hamburger buns. Spread with mustard and place a piece of lettuce on each.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, spread with goat cheese and place in sandwich.