This sweet and salty snack mix is perfect for lunch boxes or an afternoon snack when paired with fruit. A serving size is 1/2 a cup.
What you’ll need:
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups multi-grain cheerios
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (or nut/seed of your choice)
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with Pam.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white on high speed until foamy; beat in salt.
- Gradually beat in the brown sugar until thick and glossy.
- Gently stir in the cinnamon, cereal and pecans (or other nut/seed) until coated.
- Spread out thinly on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet (so it doesn’t burn) and pour onto a cool surface (another baking sheet).
- Cool about 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve. Store mix in an airtight container.
Recipe and photo from Eat Better America.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!