Dinner will be on the table in no time with this sandwich idea. Serve with baked chips or a fruit salad. This recipe serves 4 but is easily doubled. This would also make a great lunch. Also, feel free to use leftover chicken or pre-cooked chicken strips if you’re running low on time.
What you’ll need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Caesar dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or spinach)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (about one carrot)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 whole-wheat pita breads (6-inch), cut in half to form pockets
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Brush the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon dressing on both sides. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Broil 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice runs clear when cut at the thickest part of the chicken.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then cut into thin slices.
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce, carrot and cheese with the remaining dressing. Fill each pita with chicken and tomato; top with the lettuce mixture.