Besides salt, pepper and olive oil, you only need 3 additional ingredients to get dinner on the table. Enjoy this Meatless-Monday meal with grilled corn and slices of avocado. Serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 8 ounces grated Pepper Jack cheese (about 2 cups)
What you’ll do:
- Heat grill to medium (a regular skillet would work, too).
- Brush the mushroom with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, until tender, about 8-10 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice portobellos.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each tortilla with the remaining olive oil.
- Form 4 sandwiches with the tortillas (oil-side facing out), sliced mushrooms and cheese.
- Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted and the edges are crispy, 1-3 minutes each side.
Recipe and imagine from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!