Make use of your grocer’s rotisserie chicken and dinner will be on the table in a flash! Serve with a fruit salad.
What you’ll need:
- 8-9 frozen tea biscuits (if you only have regular-sized biscuits, use 4-5)
- 1 rotisserie chicken from your grocer’s deli
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot vegetable medley
- 1 (1.6-ounce) package garlic herb sauce mix
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake biscuits 10 minutes; remove from oven. (Biscuits should begin to rise, not brown.)
- Remove skin from rotisserie chicken, pull meat from bones, chop chicken into bite-size pieces. Set chicken aside. (You want about 2 cups chicken.)
- Microwave the vegetable medley for 4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, the garlic herb sauce mix and the broth.
- Bring to a boil, add 1 tablespoon butter, reduce the heat and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add chicken, vegetables and Italian seasoning. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish. Arrange the biscuits on top. Dot the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter on each biscuit.
- Bake until the biscuits are browned and the chicken mixture is hot.
Recipe and image from Taste of the South magazine.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!