Barbecue Chicken on pizza? Trust me on this one. If you want to make it extra special since the weekend’s here, add a sprinkle of cooked bacon bits and cilantro. Another fantastic addition: pineapple! Serve this pizza with a side salad. TGIF!
What you’ll need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust (my personal favorite, Pillsbury Thin Crust, located next to the canned biscuits)
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breast strips (or freshly grilled chicken)
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the first four ingredients (onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper) in 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes (or until softened). Drain well.
- Unroll the pizza crust and press onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray (Pam).
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over the top of the crust. Top with chicken and onion mixture. (This is where you can add other toppings, if desired.)
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an addition 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce, if desired.