Meatless Monday! This dish can be made up to 8-hours ahead of time and chilled. Simply bring to room temperature before baking or extend the baking time a few minutes until warmed through.
What you’ll need:
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a 7-ounce can of chiles in adobo sauce)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or canned or fresh)
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas (whole-wheat)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Monterey-Jack cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop chipotle chile. Combine sour cream and chile in a bowl; let rest 10 minutes.
- Mash half of the black beans with a fork. Add the mashed beans and the other remaining beans and corn to the sour cream mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 a cup of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam-side down in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spread salsa over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe and photo from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!