Summer is slowly coming to an end but that doesn’t mean you can’t fire up the grill. These burgers are easy to make and would be perfect with corn on the cob and grilled peaches. This recipe makes 8 burgers.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds lean turkey (at least 90/10)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole-wheat buns
- Toppings such as lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard
What you’ll do:
- Heat the grill.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients (except the buns and toppings).
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill over medium heat, about 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Serve burgers with your toppings!
If you don’t have a grill, use your oven – set to “broil” and cook 10-12 minutes on a sprayed baking sheet, turning once.
Recipe and photo from EatingBetterAmerica.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!