Who said chicken was boring? Stuffed with bright pesto, salty and creamy cheese and ham – this chicken is anything but boring. Makes 4 servings. All you need is a side of green (perhaps beans) and you’ve got dinner.
What you’ll need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thick slices of smoked ham
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 tablespoons bottled basil pesto
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Butterfly each chicken breast by slicing it thinly open like a book (be careful not to slice completely through both sides).
- Distribute the ham, cheese and pesto evenly among one side of each chicken breast.
- Fold the empty sides over to cover the filling. Secure with toothpicks.
- Dredge each chicken breast carefully into a bowl of breadcrumbs to coat the outside.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil evening over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe and image from Can you stay for dinner?
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!