There’s nothing better than coming home to a perfectly cooked dinner. Simply throw the ingredients in the slow cooker, put the lid on and go about your day. This simple chicken dinner is made complete with a simple side salad and roll.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 pound whole chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5-6 stalks of celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound bag baby carrots
- 10-12 baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
What you’ll do:
- Set your slow-cooker on HIGH heat.
- Place chicken into the crock pot, breast side up.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Pour in chicken broth and cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe and image from Picky Palate
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!